Battle of Falling Waters 1863 Foundation, Inc. Williamsport, Maryland
The July 14, 1863 Battle of Falling Waters was the final battle of the Gettysburg Campaign in Maryland. It was fought in rural Washington County not far from the canal town of Williamsport. The Battle of Falling Waters 1863 Foundation, Inc. is a Maryland non-profit corporation dedicated to preservation and education.
Mission (From the By-Laws)
The purpose of the “Foundation” shall be:
- To preserve land(s) on which the battle was fought and any witness objects; such as trees and man-made structures including, but not limited to trenches, rifle pits and earthworks.
- To provide a visitor center/museum and the erection of interpretative signs, markers and walking trails, where possible, and to promote tourism associated with the battle.
- To educate using publications, including brochures, books, pamphlets, maps, etc. that tell the story of the battle, and the effects of its outcome.
- To support events that commemorate the battle, (including living history demonstrations, tours, and lectures); and to cooperate with other groups and organizations with similar goals.
- To maintain a Website providing the Mission Statement, By-Laws, general information on the battle, membership requirements and dues, meeting dates and times, and other information related to the “Foundation”.